ToR: Internal Control consultant
Introduction Forum Syd
Forum Syd is a Swedish civil society organization focusing on democracy and human rights, gender equality, and environment and climate change. Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”. We believe in building strong civil societies where the power is shared by many and the resources are distributed fairly; where people have power to determine their own lives, influence their country’s development and, together, eradicate poverty.
Forum Syd is a member-based organization which, from a rights-based approach, works with development issues through advocacy and capacity building of partner organizations. Forum Syd programmes are currently based in Colombia, Kenya, Tanzania, Belarus, Cambodia, Liberia and Somalia.
Description of concerned activities
Forum Syd started operating with a new decentralized structure since January 2017. Once the process was finished and the new structure came in place, the operation of the organization took preeminence over the change management and no specific project was created to monitor the work of the new structure and coordinate permanent improvement of the same.
It is now necessary to structure all the internal control and programme management standardization processes within one umbrella programme and also include other projects under it. The programme aims to review, update and improve organizational management in Forum Syd. It will cover organizational structure, operations management and financial management and internal control, in line with previous system audits and looking forward to prepare the organization for potential future system audits.
Assignment purpose, aims and objectives
The assignment is part of a project that aims to update the internal control system and verify it´s compliance in the organization. It will consider the existing internal control system document from 2014, the update document on Internal Control send to Sida in April 2018 and the Responsibility and Delegation Principles of 2018. You will in this assignment work closely to the operational controller. The assignment will take approximately 2-3 weeks full time approx. 80-120 hours. The assignment should start as soon as possible.
Your tasks will be to merge the two internal control documents to one document that will describe the internal control system at Forum Syd. The document will be approximately 10-12 pages long. You will also write a checklist to be used at Forum Syd’s units, hubs and country offices in order to prepare themselves for a system review. You will start the assignment with reading the summery and recommendations from an earlier system audit at Forum Syd. The work can be done at Forum Syd’s office in Stockholm or at distance with meetings at Forum Syd.
Reference Group/Forum Syd Support
Operational controller, teamleader Finance, Head of Administration and Head of Impact and Quality Assurance.
- The tenderer is to produce the following outputs;
- Document describing the overall internal control processes at Forum Syd 10-12 pages
- Checklist for units, hubs and country offices to be used as a preparation for systems audits (should be written as an appendice)
- Report shall be done to Head of Administration, Petra Nergårdh and Head of Impact and Quality Assurance, Claudia Arenas.
- Narrative reporting
- The report shall be written in English. The Consultant shall submit an electronic version.
- The report shall not exceed 15 pages, excluding appendices.
- Oral reporting
- The Consultant should also orally report to the reference group and be ready to answer questions and to do correction in the report and checklist.
Forum Syd has estimated that the volume of the assignment amounts to a total of 10 to 15 working days. The total scope of work will be aligned in consultancy with the winning tenderer.
The assignment shall start during October 2018 and be finalised latest 15th of November.
The budget should not exceed 120 000 SEK, including fees and reimbursable and excluding VAT. Final payment will be made by bank transfer 30 days after delivery by tenderer and approval by Forum Syd.
The tenderer shall specify the fee per working hour including all taxes and social costs but excluding VAT.
- The tenderer is to meet the following expectations;
- Specify documented knowledge and experience related to internal control and/or system audits.
- Specifying a starting date and an estimated date for finalising the assignment not later than 15th of November 2018
- The consultant will follow Forum Syd’s Code of Conduct
- The tenderer must make sure that subcontractors, if any, follow the same expectations.
- The assignment is subject to an open tender procedure, handled directly by a Forum Syd assessment group (Petra Nergårdh and Claudia Arenas). The tenders will be assessed considering the following aspects;
- The contents of the tender (that all the required information is enclosed)
- The qualifications and experience of the tenderer
- Experience from working with Forum Syd or similar organization
- The cost for the tender
Questions concerning the tender can be posed to the contact persons indicated below until 181012. Forum Syd reserves the right not to accept any of the tenders submitted. In addition Forum Syd reserves the right to take references on the proposed candidate.
Forum Syd is not covered by the Swedish Public Procurement Act (LOU). This means that it is not possible to appeal against the decision of choosing a supplier and that Forum Syd is not obliged to disclose the procurement documentation after completion of procurement.
Documentation and information required
- State the qualifications of the person available for the assignment and attach a CV for her/him.
- Confirm that they will be able to meet all expectations in §7.
- State the total cost of the assignment, specified in the form of the hourly fee. All costs shall be given in Swedish kronor, excluding VAT.
- Propose a time schedule for the assignment.
Final date of Submission
The tender, including all required information is to be submitted to Forum Syd by ordinary by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible but the latest 2018-10-12.
Validity of the Tender
Tenders shall remain valid for a period of 20 days.
Submittal of tender
The tender should be submitted in a sealed envelope to the following address; email@example.com
All personal data we receive at Forum Syd will be handled in accordance to the new Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Read more here. Through your tender you agree to us storing the information.
For further information, kindly contact;