Are you structured, service minded and flexible? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy interacting with colleagues, board members and member organisations? Are you passionate about administrative work?
Then you are the one we are looking for!
Forum Syd is now looking for an Organisation Secretary
The position of Organisation Secretary reports to Secretary General and is a part of the Secretary General’s Office, which is responsible for the overall strategic development of Forum Syd and for representing Forum Syd externally.
The Secretary General’s Office works with fundraising and organisational relationship with members and other stakeholders. Furthermore the unit is responsible for providing the board with the information, documentation and support that is needed for the board to fulfil its strategic role. It is the responsibility of the Secretary General to ensure that the strategic direction set by the board is operationalised. This includes facilitation of the operational planning and follow-up processes. The Organisation Secretary has an essential role in organising the board member’s meeting and to provide the board with information. You are also responsible for administration within Forum Syd.
Areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the planning, monitoring, administration and communication around board member meetings and executive committee meetings
- Together with Secretary General responsible for ensuring that the board is provided with the information, documentation and analysis needed for the board to fulfill its strategic role
- Writing and administering minutes from board, executive committee and members’ meetings
- Administrate the communication with members and the member portfolio
- Administrative support to the Secretary General, the Deputy Secretary General and Chairperson
- Give support to logistical arrangements like booking of meetings, conferences, etc. This includes responsibility for all members’ meetings
- Whenever needed take responsibility for phone calls
- Lead and/or participate in projects in the Secretary General´s office
- Other tasks related to the work in the Secretary General´s office and delegated by Secretary General.
- Back-up to Office Administrators
- Contribute to the organisational learning and development of Forum Syd in general, and of the Secretary General’s Office in particular.
- Contribute to a constructive and good work environment in Forum Syd in general, and in the Secretary General’s Office in particular.
- Relevant post-secondary school or equivalent qualifications obtained in another way
- Expertise in administration
- Previous experience of working in a member-based organisation.
- Good knowledge of governance in civil society organisations
- Good ability to communicate with many different stakeholders.
- Good coordination skills.
- Ability to express oneself orally and in writing in Swedish and good knowledge of English
This position is a fulltime temporary position for one year (substitute for student employee), with possible extension, starting as soon as possible. The position is located at Forum Syd's office in Stockholm.
Forum Syd supports equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
All personal data we receive at Forum Syd will be handled in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), read more here. By applying you agree to us storing any information you provide as part of your application.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Organisation Secretary “no later than 25th of August 2019.
We select candidates and conduct interviews regularly during the recruitment process. Do not wait to submit your application because the recruitment process may end as soon as we find the right person.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Anna Stenvinkel, Secretary General, 072-070 45 82
Anneli Johansen, HR-officer, 08-506 370 08
Unionen representative: Karin Gregow, 08-506 371 62
Saco representative: Maurits Otterloo, 08-506 370 15