Do you have extensive experience in budgeting, accounting, follow-up and financial reporting? Are you known for your pedagogical experiences and abilities and good knowledge in Excel? Then you are the one we are looking for!
The Finance team, Stockholm
Organisationally, the financial controller belongs to the Finance team that is responsible for financial accounting, budget and financial follow up and audits. The financial controller works collaboratively with Head of Multi-regional who she/he supports in financial issues.
Areas of responsibility
- Ensure the quality of financial reporting from the programmes in Cambodia and Liberia.
- Advice, train and support the Finance Managers and their staff in Cambodia and Liberia in the financial area. Together with Finance Managers visit and audit partners.
- Coordinate and/or participate in the processes of auditing, budgeting, follow-up and financial reporting to the donor.
- Participate in the annual closing.
- Participate in internal audits and coordinating external Swedish audits of the programmes. Follow-up on financial risks regarding Forum Syd´s financial operations.
- Give advice and support in matters related to deviations in projects and programmes.
- Handle work related to budget, financial follow up in relation to reporting to Sida and internal follow-up.
- Prepare requisitions of funds to SIDA
- Facilitate and contribute to the development of the organisation´s financial management and financial systems
- Participate in meetings, seminars or conferences when relevant to further develop the knowledge in the field of financial control
- Minimum 2 years of experience as financial controller or auditor
- Excellent ability to express oneself orally and in writing in both Swedish and English
- Relevant academic degree or equivalent qualifications obtained in another way
- Experience in start up and implementation of programmes/projects
- Knowledge of the context
- Experience from working in a development country
This position is a full time permanent position with six months probationary period, starting as soon as possible. The position is located at Forum Syd's office, Stockholm. In this position you will travel in order to support and train the finance staff, do internal audits and together with the Finance managers meet and perform audits of partners. Travelling is estimated to 4-5 times a year.
Forum Syd supports equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
All personal data we receive at Forum Syd will be handled in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), read more here. By applying you agree to us storing any information you provide as part of your application.
Interested candidates should submit a CV in English and cover letter in Swedish via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Financial Controller” no later than August 25th, 2019.
We select candidates and conduct interviews regularly during the recruitment process. Do not wait to submit your application because the recruitment process may end as soon as we find the right person.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Marie Karsberg, Finance Manager, 08-506 370 27 or Desirée Köhler, HR Manager, 072-077 21 31
Unionen representative: Karin Gregow, 08-506 371 62
Saco representative: Maurits Otterloo, 08 506 370 15