Programme Officer Hub Eastern Europe
Forum Syd is Swedish civil society platform consisting of 140 Swedish civil society organisations as members. In collaboration with our members we work in support of human rights, gender equality and sustainable use of natural resources. Forum Syd has regional HUB offices in Latin America, East and South Africa and Eastern Europe.
Hub Eastern Europe is responsible for innovation, programme development and fundraising within the region. Furthermore, the Hub is responsible for programme and project implementation as well as sub-granting to Swedish organisations active within the region in accordance with the agreed upon processes.
The Hub is to play a platform role for Forum Syd’s member organisations and other strategic stakeholders, provide in-depth context analysis of the region and contribute to the method development and capacity-building work of Forum Syd. The Hub is also responsible for securing excellent internal control systems as well as finance, risk, security management and HR work that are in compliance with Forum Syd rules and guidelines. The Hub is responsible for communication within the region and also for providing the Advocacy and Communication department with up to date information that can be used in Forum Syd’s external communication.
Areas of responsibility
- Assess programme and project applications and reports in accordance with Forum Syd’s framework for sub-granting.
- Provide guidance to grantees on Forum Syd’s Theory of Change and framework for sub-granting.
- Assess and monitor the capacity of the grantees to meet the requirements of Forum Syd and their compliance with the agreement.
- Analyse and monitor the geographic context and thematic trends relevant to the sub-granting portfolio and prioritised areas of Forum Syd.
- Contribute to the method development and learning of Forum Syd in general and in the department/hub in particular.
- Lead and/or participate in projects in the affiliated department/hub.
- Other tasks related to the work in the department/hub and delegated by line manager.
- Contribute to the organisational learning and development of Forum Syd in general, and of the department/hub in particular.
- Represent Forum Syd towards external stakeholders when appropriate.
- Relevant academic degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Social Science, Political Science, Human Rights or equivalent qualifications obtained in another way.
- Minimum 5 years of work/voluntary experience in the development sector.
- Good understanding of the role of the civil society for/in development.
- Good contextual knowledge in socio-political and economical areas.
- Good ability to combine theory with operational work and perform qualified analysis and site visits.
- Good ability to express oneself orally and in writing in English and Russian working languages.
- Integrity and good judgement.
- Relationship building.
- Cultural awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Service minded and clear.
- Problem-solving analytical skills.
- Structured and quality minded.
Depending on competences monthly bruto salary: 1650.00 – 3450.00 EUR.
Please submit your CV in English to Recruitment_Lithuania@forumsyd.org until 29th of November 2019. Position is located in Vilnius.
All personal data we receive at Forum Syd will be handled in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), read more here. By applying you agree to us storing any information you provide as part of your application.