Country Manager Cambodia
Do you have a passion for natural resource management and climate change issues? Do you have people management skills and a strong interest in supervision? Do you have the ability to work both strategically and operationally? Are you able to create and maintain good relationships with partners and stakeholders? Then you may be the one we are looking for!
Country Office Cambodia implements a rights-based programme focused on the Sustainable Use of Natural Resources (SUNR) across most regions of the country. The Country Office is also active in Cambodian CSO networks and works with other strategic stakeholders in the country, contributes to the method development and capacity-building work of Forum Syd globally, and provides in-depth context analysis of Cambodia. The Country Office is responsible for ensuring excellent internal control systems as well as financial, risk, and security management and HR work that are all in compliance with Forum Syd rules and guidelines. The Country Office is responsible for communication within the country and also for providing the Advocacy and Communication department with up-to-date information that can be used in Forum Syd’s external communication.
During 2020, Country Office Cambodia will conclude one programme period while developing a new phase of its work on Sustainable Natural Resource Management for 2021-2024. Forum Syd is therefore seeking a full-time Country Manager for this office, February 15– December 31, 2020 and with an expected extension. (For the right candidate, the start date can be somewhat flexible.)
Areas of responsibility
- Provide strategic leadership for the country office and its work on the sustainable use of natural resources
- Manage the employees and the daily operations at the country office, including:
- Programme/Project Management
- Finance and Internal Controls
- Human Resources
- Risk & Security Management
- Guide and oversee innovation, programme development, and method development
- Manage all relationship with funders and with relevant government agencies in Cambodia
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders in Cambodia
- Represent Forum Syd in Cambodia
- Conduct regular context analyses by keeping track of major political and social developments in the country
Education and qualifications required
- A Master’s degree in international development, environmental studies, programme management or other relevant area
- Experience with projects or programmes granted from Sida or other Scandinavian development agencies.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a senior management position
- Experience working for other INGOs focused on international development cooperation and/or sustainable natural resource management
- Experience of programme and project management in the area of sustainable natural resource cooperation and/or climate change resilience and adaptation
- Familiarity with the Cambodian context
- Understanding of the Rights Based Approach
- Experience in working with bilateral, multi-lateral and private funders
- Ability to work independently within a global organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
Specific leadership qualities required
- Clear communicator
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Self-confident and calm under pressure
- Results- and goal-oriented
Forum Syd is working for equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Candidates should submit an application in English, consisting of CV and Cover Letter.
Send the application in an e-mail to address: email@example.com (subject heading: Country Manager Cambodia) no later than October 31, 2019.
We will select eligible candidates and call for interviews on an ongoing basis. We look forward to your application!
All personal data we receive at Forum Syd will be handled in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Read more here. By applying you agree to us storing any information you provide as part of your application.
Unionen representative: Agnes Nygren, 08-506 370 75
Saco representative: Maurits Otterloo, 08-506 370 15
About Forum Syd
Forum Syd is a civil-society member organisation that works with development issues from a rights-based perspective. Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”. We work with advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights. We mediate grants from Sida to Swedish organisations cooperating with local partners in 70 countries. We have offices in Sweden, Lithuania, Cambodia, Colombia, Kenya, Liberia, and Somalia. Forum Syd was founded in 1995 and is the largest civil society platform in Sweden with about 140 member organisations.