Archiving Officer - Hub ESA
Do you want to work towards a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change?
Forum Syd is now looking for an Archiving staff!
Are you organised and like keeping things in order? Are you service-minded and attentive to details? Then our Hub Eastern and Southern Africa office in Nairobi needs your skills.
Hub Eastern and Southern Africa office in Nairobi is responsible for managing programmes in Eastern and Southern Africa. Among other tasks, it sub-grants funding to Swedish organisations for their international development cooperation projects. Hub ESA is now looking for someone who can help archive different sets of documents in the organization.
Areas of responsibility
- Ensure that all sets of documents are complete and, if not, contact the relevant officers to add documents.
- Ensure that all sets of documents have only the necessary documents, and remove those that are not required for filing.
- Ensure that all original agreements are registered and, if they are not, register those.
- Archive all documents in their proper place and manner, as per Forum Syd guidelines.
- Support the Archiving Consultant in his/her review and revision of the Forum Syd archiving systems.
- Bachelors ‘degree / diploma in Library Science
- Some experience of administrative and document archiving
- Well-organized, with attention to detail
- Service minded and with good judgment
- Quick learner
This position is a temporary position, starting as soon as possible. The position is located at Hub Eastern and Southern Africa's office in Nairobi.
Forum Syd supports equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Archiving staff” no later than 26th of November 2018.
We select candidates and conduct interviews regularly during the recruitment process. Do not wait to submit your application because the recruitment process may end as soon as we find the right person. We look forward to receiving your application!
About Forum Syd
Forum Syd is a civil society member organisation that works with development issues from a rights-based perspective. Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”. We work with advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights. We mediate grants from Sida to Swedish organisations cooperating with local partners in 70 countries. We have offices in Sweden, Vilnius, Cambodia, Colombia, Kenya and Somalia. Forum Syd was founded in 1995 and is the largest civil society platform in Sweden with about 140 member organisations.