Forum Syd is a civil society member organisation that works with development issues from a rights-based perspective. Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”. We work with advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights, gender equality, and environment and climate change. We mediate grants from Sida (the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency) to Swedish organisations cooperating with local partners in 70 countries. We have offices in Sweden, Belarus, Cambodia, Colombia, Kenya and Somalia.
Forum Syd is looking for a Strategic Development Officer for our office in Stockholm, Sweden. It is a full time permanent position with six months probationary period starting as soon as possible. The position will include some international travel.
Areas of responsibility
- Develop and coordinate the organization´s overall strategy, planning and monitoring processes including the annual plan for operation.
- Advice and support managers in the continued decentralizing process, in planning and monitoring plans for operation and other processes related to the development of the organisation.
- Development and monitoring of the business system Sopal.
- Manage, lead and/or participate in cross-departmental/global projects and processes defined according to needs.
- Other tasks related to the work in the Secretary General´s office and delegated by line manager
- Contribute to the organisational learning and development of Forum Syd in general, and of the Secretary General’s Office in particular.
- Contribute to a constructive and good work environment in Forum Syd in general, and in the Secretary General’s Office in particular.
- Relevant academic degree or equivalent qualifications obtained in another way
- Proven expertise and experience in strategic development
- At least 3 years of experience in project and process management
- Proven expertise and experience in operational planning processes.
- At least 3 years of Expertise in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) and Rights Based Management (RBM)
- Ability to work simultaneously with different processes.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Very good ability to express oneself orally and in writing in Swedish and English
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Ability to motivate and lead others in a project oriented setting
- High level of flexibility, independence and self-direction
- Structured and focused on problem-solving
- Cultural sensitivity
Forum Syd is working for equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Candidates should submit an application in English, consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 pages) including summary of your key qualifications and relevant work experience for the position as Strategic Development Officer including answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work with Forum Syd and what you can contribute with to the programme?
- What key qualifications and proven previous experience do you bring to the position of Strategic Development Officer at Forum Syd?
Send the application in an e-mail to address: email@example.com (subject heading: Strategic Development Officer) no later than April 2, 2017.
Work sample and language tests in Swedish and English may be applied in the selection process.
We look forward to your application!
Lisa Sjöblom, Secretary General, 08-506 370 63.
Petra Nergårdh, Head of HR and Organisational Culture, 08-506 370 53
Unionen representative: Lina Gamble, 08-506 370 67
Saco representative: Marie Karsberg, 08-506 370 27
By applying this service you agree that we process and store personal data.
In this recruitment, Forum Syd has already taken a position on the desirability of recruitment channels and marketing. We decline, therefore, politely but firmly calls from recruitment consultants and ad salesman etc.