Forum Syd is a civil society member organisation that works with development issues from a rights-based perspective. Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”. We work with advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights, gender equality, and environment and climate change. We mediate grants from Sida (the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency) to Swedish organisations cooperating with local partners in approximately 70 countries. We have offices in Sweden, Vilnius, Cambodia, Colombia, Kenya and Somalia.
Administrative Unit, Stockholm
Forum Syd is implementing a new organization in order to increase
effectiveness and coherence in our development cooperation, reinforce
member value and strengthening our development
cooperation. The Head of Administration will play a key role in this work.
The Administrative department is responsible for financial accounting, budget and financial follow up on all levels. Further on Human Resources, IT management, internal control and security management are also part of the areas of responsibility. Office administration is also included.
Position description for Head of Administration
Areas of responsibility
- Lead the Administrative department
- Responsible for the organisation’s financial management and follow up
- Framework, processes and systems for internal control
- Procurement and contracts
- Strategic development and quality assurance of the overall model for financial management and follow up
- Strategic HR processes, policies and quality assurance
- Employer representative in negotiations with the unions
- Strategic development and quality assurance of IT infrastructure
- Security and office administration
- Delegated authorities and principles
- Global process and team leader
- Other tasks related to the work in the affiliated department and delegated by line manager
The Head of Administration will be the owner of the global finance, human resources, IT, security and internal control processes. S/he will be heading a team of approximately 12 persons, among which there a two team leaders, one for Finance and Internal Control and one for Human Resources, who will coordinate the daily work in their respective areas.
- Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent education
- 7-10 years of experience of working as a manager/head of unit within finance and/or human resources,
- 7-10 years of experience of working with budgets, financial reporting, accounting, annual reports and audits
- Experience of working with internal control, IT and development of control and monitoring systems
- 3-5 years of experience of working with negotiations with the unions, employment law, work environment and rehabilitation
- Experience of working with recruitment, compensation and benefits and strategic competence development
- Very good ability to express oneself orally and in writing in Swedish and in English
- Advantage - Experience of working with global teams
- Advantage - Experience of working with security management and office administration
- Advantage - Experience of working in a civil society organization
- Clear communicator
- Ability to have a strategic perspective within different areas
- Goal and results oriented
- Global team builder, inclusive and unifying
- Ability to see the overall picture
- Ability to understand new areas quickly
The position as Head of Administration is a full time permanent position with six months probationary period at Forum Syd’s office in Stockholm, Sweden.
Forum Syd is working for equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Candidates should submit an application in English, consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 pages) including summary of your key qualifications and relevant work experience for the position as Head of Administration.
Send the application in an e-mail to address: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject heading: Head of Administration) no later than 31st of May, 2017. We will interview candidates continuously so please apply as quickly as possible. We look forward to your application!
Lisa Sjöblom, Secretary General +46 (0) 8506 370 63
Desirée Köhler, HR Officer, Phone: +46 (0)8 506 371 63
Unionen representative: Keiko Nagano, +46 (0)8 506 371 23
Saco representative: Marie Karsberg, +46 (0)8 506 370 27
By applying this service you agree that we process and store personal data.