Forum Syd is a civil society member organisation that works with development issues from a rights-based perspective. Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”. We work with advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights, gender equality, and environment and climate change. We mediate grants from Sida (the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency) to Swedish organisations cooperating with local partners in 70 countries. We have offices in Sweden, Vilnius, Cambodia, Colombia, Kenya and Somalia.
Forum Syd is now looking for a Financial controller for the subgranting projects within
the frame agreements of Sida Civsam, Sida Partnership Forum and Swedish Council for Higher Education agreement.
The overall area of responsibility is financial quality assurance within Forum Syd´s grants administration for civil society. Forum Syd´s projects demand effective systems and procedures for internal control (ISK). The work includes both detailed and overall budgets and financial follow-up. The position may also include other types of programmes in addition to those mentioned above. The position may include travel.
The position is part of the finance and internal control department. The department is responsible for financial accounting, budget and financial follow up on an overall level. IT management, internal control and security management are also part of the areas of responsibility. Office administration is also included.
Areas of responsibility
- Compile budget and financial follow up of subgranting in Sida Civsam, Sida Partnership Forum and Swedish Council for Higher Education.
- Financial assurance of subgranting requisitions
- Financial assurance in within subgranting agreements
- Overall financial follow up and reconciliation of subgranting accounting
- Deviation reporting within these agreements
- Support in audit matters within subgranting
- Training of Swedish and local organisations in financial reporting and risk management
- Participate in currency and exchange management
- Contribute to Forum Syd´s Internal Control Plan and follow-up on relevant parts of the plan
- Facilitate and contribute to the development of the organisation´s financial management and financial systems
- Lead and/or participate in projects in the field of financial control
- Participate in the annual reporting system to major donors
- Participate in meetings, seminars or conferences when relevant to further develop the knowledge in the field of financial control
- Other tasks related to the work in the Finance and IT department and delegated by line manager
- Relevant academic degree or equivalent qualifications obtained in another way
- Good ability to express oneself orally and in writing in English and Swedish
- Very good knowledge in accounting
- Very good knowledge in financial control
- Experience from project administration, budgeting and follow up
- Very good knowledge in Excel
- Experience from programs/projects financed by Sida and/or EU
- Spanish orally and in writing
- Experience from currency and exchange rates management
The position as Financial Controller is a full time permanent position with six months probationary period at Forum Syd’s head office in Stockholm, Sweden. We would like you to start as soon as possible.
Forum Syd is working for equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Candidates should submit an application in English, consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 pages) including summary of your key qualifications and relevant work experience for the position as Financial controller.
Send the application in an e-mail to address: email@example.com (subject heading: Financial Controller) no later than March 5, 2017. We look forward to your application!
Ewa Stenberg, Head of Finance and Internal Control department, 08-506 370 45
Unionen representative: Lina Gamble, 08-506 370 67
Saco representative: Marie Karsberg, 08-506 370 27
By applying this service you agree that we process and store personal data.
In this recruitment, Forum Syd has already taken a position on the desirability of recruitment channels and marketing. We decline, therefore, politely but firmly calls from recruitment consultants and ad salesman etc.